Saturday, November 08, 2008

Making The Stone Roses seem prolific

OK, so it's taken me a while to get my arse into gear and blogging again. But now, following the sad, whimpering demise of my previous computer (with the loss of the hard drive, it appears. Fortunately, I had backed up most things prior to September, but not those things you forget about, like bookmarks. So, remember, kids, back-up often), I have bought myself a laptop that (i) isn't larger than an IBM mainframe; (ii) doesn't keep the block awake when the fan is running (i.e. all the time); and (iii) can actually process more than zero things at any one time. So this, combined with the fact that I'm living abroad and dammit you want to hear about my adventures (and I'm going to be better disciplined...), means I will write often. But still keep it interesting, of course.

So, what do I have to tell you about? Well, I'll feedback on the enjoyable stupidity of Vegas, driving up to Boston for a weekend, trying not to spend any money at all yet still vaguely have a life, but more interesting things should be happening soon. It all kicks off in two weeks, when my visitors start arriving (all women, all coming just before Christmas. Hmmmm. Ever feel like you're being used? Still, I provide free lodging, they can damn well buy some beer...). Until then, I'll let you catch up on all the interesting (sic) things I've done recently.

This week, of course, I have spent an inordinate number of hours trying to connect to the internet, which - thanks to Vista - is like trying to herd smoke. Still, it's better than having a Mac. I've also played football inside what appeared to be a massive bubble. And split my ear open playing football on the more traditional concept of a pitch (or field, as it's known here). Which is all very dull. There was also some election or other, which was all very predictable (with the added caveat that I still thought the dumb public here would fail to get it right. Again. But anyone voting for Palin deserves to be hit around the head with a brick until they see the error of their ways.

And with that, more news soon.

No comments: