Monday, June 06, 2005

I admit it

Well, I'm man enough to admit it. The weekend wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. OK, it was actually enjoyable. GobShite sister was absent for most of it, and generous with presents when she returned (although I have my doubts as to how they were procured - she either gets too much poket money or she is an adept shoplifter). VeganZealot sister was good company, far more mature and less willing to try and start an argument with me. In fact, she even took it with good humour when I ordered venison and pigeon breast for dinner (and I was sitting next to her).
Hell, we even went to see art. Proper art.

Even the wildlife was cultured
Art? Or a sheep's toilet?

Real sister provided the entertainment, by appearing as shorn as a 1970s feminist (or Julia Roberts), much to everyone else's disgust, claiming that it was going to be waxed 'later'. In fact, the only real downer was the nagging guilt that I was a bit harsh on the Father, whose birthday it was, concerning his terrible memory and seeming obliviousness of the world around him. Not a nice feeling, but I hope he realises that there was no malice.
Still, I can't see the guilt lasting. Must be something I ate...

No comments: