Thursday, June 02, 2005

The toys are alive!

Being the intelligent, well-educated person that I am, I decided to spend Bank Holiday Monday in quiet reflection. By frying my brains with magic mushrooms. The Girlfriend had jetted off to the US that morning, for a two-hour work meeting, and I was bored at home. So, thanks to the ideas given to me by some of the finest minds of 20th Century literature, I conducted a little experiment. Or at least, I tried. My intention was to write - I don't know what exactly, but probably something that would appear on this blog - while Under The Influence.
However, ten minutes after taking the bloody things, before I'd had the chance to prepare my 'work space' and get some music and colourful things ready, I was lolling about on the floor tripping my tits off. I wasn't expecting this: I'd bought enough 'to be giggly' according to the saleswoman and I was counting on at least another ten minutes to prepare. Oh well. To ensure that I was in the right frame of mind, I was forced to watch Toy Story 2, which is genius at the best of times.
My recollections during the two or so hours:

THEY'RE FUCKING TOYS! TRYING TO CROSS A ROAD!
The pig is a comedy genius. Especially when he is reading the car manual.
My white ceiling has lots of pretty colours on it.
Thanks to the green clothes that were hanging up in the bathroom, my toilet bowl looked like Yoda's head.
Football is many things, but it is not funny on mushrooms.
The Simpsons is.
Invite someone around to laugh at next time.

The bonus was that it was all over by 6pm, although I felt wrecked for the next couple of hours...

1 comment:

Bella Di Nonna said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!