Friday, May 06, 2005

Phone sects

Every evening, without fail, I receive unsolicited phone calls from telemarketing companies and the like. Most are dead-air autodiallers that you can hang-up on before the tape starts, but some are irritating and persistent graduates, evidently wondering why they can’t get a better job (hint guys: because you’re morons and your degrees are worthless). Some conversations, however, indicate exactly why all these jobs are being outsourced to Bangalore.
“Hello Sir, I’m from CrapTel. Can I ask you, are you still with BT?”
“No.”
“So you don’t have a land line then?”
“What the hell do you think you’re speaking to me on?”
“Oh, er, um. Thank you Sir.”
*Click*
Usually telephone salesmen are more persistent than herpes, but this one couldn’t get off the line quick enough. If I’m ever unemployed, I’ll turn to bank robbery before telesales: it’s better regarded by society.

No comments: